- The National Park Service’s Instagram account. Quirky captions, cute animals, and stunning scenery—what more could you want?
- The Dawn Wall documentary on Netflix. It’s on par with Free Solo (a November 2018 favorite) but different. I’m still wondering how two absolutely stellar climbing documentaries came out in the same autumn about the same mountain rock in Yosemite.
- iNaturalist app (it’s better than PlantSnap—a September 2018 favorite). iNaturalist helps you identify both plants and animals and is a joint initiative of the California Academy of Sciences and the National Geography Society (so u kno it’s legit).
- An important reminder: this essay on the extinction of the passenger pigeon. A tragedy soon to be joined by others.
- Some retribution: this New York Times article about old rape kits that finally got tested, leading to 64 convictions. Still, it’s estimated that about 250,000 rape kits remain untested across the country.
- This podcast with Oprah and Bradley Cooper. Like a warm hug.
- The world’s worst boss by Seth Godin (that would be you).
- Tim Ferriss’s interview with Neil Gaiman.
- Tim Ferriss’s interview with Dr. Andrew Weil.