Or, a list of bomb things I discovered last month (late to the game on most of them, classic).
- Aesop Rock’s song “Get Out of the Car.” Challenge me to a rap battle and I’ll somehow fit in the line “true friendship in a tugboat way”. (Completely serious when I say I memorized the entire rap and tested myself using the instrumental version…). Also, fun fact: Aesop Rock has the largest vocabulary in hip hop by far.
- New York Times article “Listen: Ethan Hawke Reads ‘Learning Humanity from Dogs.'” But actually—dogs are the purest life forms on earth.
- The book Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow. Yup I FINALLY finished that behemoth of a book (review coming soon) and I’m going to have to speed read to get back on track with reading a book a week.
- Khachapuri, or Georgian cheese bread, from Compass Rose in DC. If you do ONE DELICIOUS THING in the month of October make it eating Khachapuri!!!
- PlantSnap, a plant identification app. With this app I identified tons of cool plants on my family’s land in West Virginia and in my neighborhood, including Indian tobacco (Lobelia inflata), long-spined thorn apple (Datura stramonium), northern pin oak (Quercus ellipsoidalis), castor bean (Ricinus communis), and blackeyed susan (Rudbeckia hirta). I’ll be honest though it works about 60% of the time but it’s still AWESOME when it does work!!!
- The song “High Hopes” by Panic! At the Disco. Who knew Brendan Urie would still be SLAYING 12 years after “I Write Sins Not Tragedies”??? (anyone who knows Brendan Urie duh)
- New York Times opinion piece called “I Highly Recommend Joining This Cult” by Lisa Pryor. Minimalism, debt-free living, frugality, decluttering, zero waste—HERE FOR IT ALL FAM.